Timings: 25 mins
Kitchen Stuff: deep sided frying pan or a wok
Quantities: Serves 2 – 3
250g fusili pasta (I used wholewheat here)
4-5 rashers of smoky bacon
60g soft goats cheese, torn/chopped into cubes
1 – 2 tbsp cream cheese (I use Philadelphia), depending on creaminess preference
1 red onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
rapeseed or olive oil
1. BACON: Chop your bacon into cubes and start frying it gently until crisp. When ready, move from the pan to some kitchen towel on a plate to soak up excess oil.
2. PASTA: Boil some water with a pinch of salt and add the pasta – cook until al dente. Make sure you keep half a mug of pasta water.
3. KALE: In a wok or a large sided frying pan, heat a little oil and add your chopped red onion and fry on a medium to high heat for a couple of minutes until slightly softened and starting to brown. Add the chopped garlic clove and fry for another minute or so. Add the kale with a splash of pasta water and season with some salt and pepper. Toss the kale, stir frying until softened and delicious.
4. CHEESE: Drain your pasta (saving some pasta water, half a cup at least) and add it back to the pasta pan. Stir in the cream cheese, half the goats cheese, a few tablespoons pasta water and some salt and pepper. Mix until creamy.
5. FINITO: Add the creamy pasta to the large frying pan with the kale and mix well. Add the remaining goats cheese cubes and crispy bacon. Serve immediately whilst warm. Scoff.